Present: Penina Arbit, Randi Garber, Warren Burstein, Simon Caplan, Dov Cooper, Esther Edell, Donna Goldberg, Yonni Hammer, Daniel Rorlich, Neil Pearlman, Bobbie Silberklang, Debbie Weissman, Philip Yakar (administrator).
Apologies: Kobi Abelman, Jody Blum.
The new members of the Vaad, Simon Caplan and Daniel Rorlich, were welcomed.
So far no candidates have been found; we are still looking. Also we are looking for a new treasurer.
The following points were raised:
- Perhaps the job specification should be put in writing;
- in the interim the job should be divided up among Vaad members;
- potential future chairpeople should be added to the Vaad now;
- members with ideas of names should submit them to Neil to see if they have already been approached;
- at this stage the whole job could be rotated among Vaad members on a monthly basis;
- should the Vaad meet every two weeks in the interim period?
- is a one-month rotation a viable administrative tool?
Names of potential candidates should be given to Neil as soon as possible.
Randi and Penina agreed to continue for one more month, to keep things ticking over.
Randi reported on the recent meeting of the R.D.C.
The Vaad approved the following:
An architect should be appointed to draw up a preliminary programme, at a cost of $3,000 + VAT, for developing the basement space.
In terms of asking what the community wants to see developing, both physical and programming, a number of חוגי בית (parlour meetings) will take place when the preliminary plans are ready. Vaad members will host and will invite members themselves. R.D.C. members will attend the meetings and, where possible, members will be approached to facilitate the discussions; also we will need recorders.
Once the basic ideas are approved the R.D.C. will have autonomy to push ahead with plans.
The following agreed to host חוגי בית (up to 10 "guests"): Esther Edell, Donna Goldberg, Penina Arbit, Debbie Weissman, Randi Garber, Bobbie Silberklang, Neil Pearlman.
A group from Sachnin will be our guests on January 6th, on the day of Shabbat. They will have lunch at member's homes, afternoon snack and dialogue and Havdalah at Shul. Upstairs and downstairs will be used and the regular mincha attenders advised.
February 4th, 2007 at 20:00.
Because of the late hour the following agenda items were not discussed:
- scheduling issues (raised by Kobi)
- review of past events
- hosting – hospitality
- $8,000 – income, to be held for what purpose