åòã îðäì ôâéùúAugust 3, 2010áñ''ã
Arbit, Gary Heller, Dani Gotlieb,
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes were approved.
The vaad approved new signatories
for our two bank accounts at hapoalim and U bank, and also Bank Hadoar. The new
signatories are , Gary Ginsberg, Gary Heller, J. Rosenberg,
Gary Ginsberg will take over
as treasurer within two weeks. The finance committee will meet next week and
3. Penina, gabaim/ot met two weeks ago. Gabaim are working on finding readers, chazanim etc. for the High Holidays. There was a discussion about Simchat Torah and they decided to reinstate the early minyan, starting at 6.00, and for those who wish, joining the regular minyan for Hakafot. Regular minyan will start around 8.00, same format as last year. Controlled hakafot, readings, geshem, musaf, Kiddush murchav. Penina needs info about membership for seating. Noomi will speak to Rona about this
4. Hevra Kadisha, Noomi presented an initiative by some shul members to explore the possibility of starting a Hevra Kadisha for Yedidya and likeminded synagogues. Kobi is skeptical to the idea. We would need to build a coalition of likeminded shuls for this purpose. We have some members who are interested in pursuing this issue. To be continued when there is what to report.
Office staff. Rona is leaving at the end of September. As of
the end of August she will be working full time in another job. It will be
difficult to juggle the time commitments of both jobs. Esther feels that even
after Gaby comes back, we need an additional person to do the cl
6. Building update. Building is postponed until further notice. The contractor was rejected by the architect, and we now need to find a new contractor
7. Carol asks that we announce weekly who is giving the shiur for seuda Shlishit
8. Penina, there will be a weekday bat mitzvah, non-member. The plan is for the men to read torah and then the women. Can the women read torah from the bimah? In principle, yes, but Penina is requested to ask the minhag committee.
9. Carol reminds us that the vaad meetings are supposed to be announced through Yediot
10. Welcome to Gary Ginsburg our old/new treasurer
11. Thanks to Penina for stepping in, in Eudice absence